Tuesday, June 07, 2005

How the mighty have fallen

Cracker Barrell. Barrel? Barell? Why can't I spell tonight. Cracker Barrel - last bastion of down-home country cookin', has ceased to please my palette. I'm not sure if this is their fault or mine. I should investigate. I ordered a country-fried steak, mac 'n' cheese, mashed potatoes, and fried apples. The apples were delicious. That meal was carefully calculated to provide a near-gluttonous comfort food experience, and yet the flavors were not right. I was mentally sated with the idea that I was eating these wonderful foods, and so the comfort effect was acheived, but they just didn't taste good to me. Ah well.

Three more days of classes, and then a week of nothing but exams, and then the school year is over! Year one firmly under my belt. Thank you thank you thank you thank you GOD!

Short post today in the name of not neglecting the new baby blog. LaBosseuse deserves your attention - a link to her blog exists permanently at the right of this page. Clicken Sie da jetzt, bitte schoen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home