Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Twenty four more

He's here! Luke arrived at 7:25 pm EST, June 21st 2005! I have only seen him through the nursery window, but I got to spend lots of time with my sister, his mother. She is doing well. There is some small risk of infection, so after making us wait an hour for him to have a course of antibiotics, and then fifteen minutes for a bath, and then half an hour in the warmer (an hour and forty-five minutes that began just before midnight) - at 1:30 they told us that they are going to put him in some other nursery for closer monitoring and we can't see him yet. So I have been awake for 19 hours, and for the last 6 hours Luke has been in the world and I have not yet held him. I am dissatisfied but understanding. I have done everything in my power to achieve this goal and it has not happened. I even made dinner runs on several occasions for everyone, taking massive orders, driving to taco bell to find that they closed at 10 for just this one night, rather than 1am like usual (it was 10:13) - driving to wendy's and taking orders via cell phone en route, trying to memorize it all, barely having enough money - taxing a late night drive through worker who nonetheless got our order PERFECT - these are the stories that you don't hear about fast food workers but this guy was a champ. Anyhow after exerting all of my faculties and capabilities in the direction of waiting faithfully for Luke, finally I was forced to give up. I failed to hold my nephew today.

Tomorrow I WILL post a picture of me and Luke together. Even if I have to Photoshop it. But I don't own Photoshop, so the real thing will be much easier to accomplish. I hope. If it gets to the point of Photoshopping, that will indicate inhuman trials and tribulations at the hands of the medical profession.

2 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Your link to my blogspot made me go, "Awwwww, he's so nice to me!" :)

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

BTW, CONGRATS ON THE NEPHEW! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home