Tuesday, June 21, 2005

What I did instead of having a nephew:

In the meantime I discovered that Thai food is really good but too spicy for my wimpy taste buds. I've never enjoyed spicy food, but I can tell you that I appreciate the taste totally apart from the vicious assault the curry made on my comfort level. Also Tsingtao beer, which I had never seen on the menu of any restaurant but had been wanting to try ever since a college prof. recommended it, is quite good. More mellow, less bitter - which I appreciated. It's apparently a combination of Chinese rice and German know-how that arose from a time when German soldiers were stationed in China for some reason. I think. Apparently I didn't pay as much attention to the history as I did to the beer. Sorry Dr. Tilford.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home