Thursday, July 28, 2005

Back after these messages...

Finally I have returned to blogdom, and with style! Not only will I be updating here tonight for the first time in ten days, but I have created a second blog! Check it out at: the Movie Wizard!

My surgery went swimmingly well, and the recovery is now plodding along on schedule. I now have a complete ACL in my left knee for the first time in six and a half months, but my quadriceps muscles are quite weak, so the leg is still in danger of buckling. As such, I am wearing a full leg brace that locks into full extension so I can walk, but I am down to only using one crutch. I am also working to recover range of motion - they took a chunk out of my patellar ligament in order to do the surgery, so now my knecap doesn't move as well as it should, which means I can't bend my leg as much as I want. I can extend it fully, but I am only at 98 degrees of flexion currently. The goal obviously is 180 degrees, but for next week I'm looking to hit 105 and 115 the week after that. My Physical Therapist is quite capable and informative, so that process will proceed greatly.

Also since we spoke last I've been visited by all sorts of people, watched a half-dozen movies (thank you NETFLIX), and played one decent video game - Spider-Man 2! The people who made this game recreated the entire island of Manhattan, and then turn you loose to swing through it - it's quite accurate and intensely enjoyable. Add to that living breathing pedestrians and traffic, some of whom call out to you, all of whom stare at you, and half of whom get mugged. You can choose to save them, or go about your business. You have to do some crime fighting, and then there are story-driven events that take place, but on top of that you can just swing around for fun, or actually help all the people who lose their balloon/fall from high buildings/get their cars hijacked/cops who get shot at/armored cars who get robbed, etc. Every time something bad happens there is a citizen just dying to tell you about it. Go talk to them and they'll tell you what's up, but you can just ignore them and move on, as I said. So far I've put in a good ten hours of playing time and I'm about halfway through the storyline, but the guy I'm borrowing it from has made it to the end of the game with only 7 or so hours of play - so obviously the game is quite flexible.

ANY how. I promised myself I would start making my blog posts shorter. So I'm cutting off here. In the future, each post will be kept to a minimum length, although I may post several times a day. I'm also going to try to post about things relevant to the whole world, and as such will be including links to other websites for more info...I feel like this makes the blog more interesting, readable, and enjoyable for everyone on the planet who is NOT me...and taht's what it's all about, right? But I am cursed with thegift of gab..so good luck getting me to be concise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home