Sunday, July 31, 2005

I miss you...

The worst thing about being stuck in a bed 20/7 is the lack of human contact. The internet is a poor substitute. Assuming I'm up for it, visitors are the best part of my day. Better than blogging, better than reading webcomics or chatting on IM or downloading the latest episode of my favorite anime. Better than listening to the radio or all my CDs. Better than watching the finest films Netflix has to offer (should I be paying them for use of their name or collecting advertising money for giving them free press?).

Human contact. I'm expecting some today. At the very least, my dad will get home from his two-weeks in Belize on an extended missions trip. I remember being very happy when my brother got home from the first leg of the trip in the middle of last week, and my dad has finished up the second leg and is now a scant three hours north of me in a hotel whose check-out time is in 15 minutes. So by 4 o'clock I should be pracitcally euphoric.

I also told my brother to tell all my friends at church to form a massive caravan of love in the direction of my house, so we'll see how many folks show up.

In the meantime I've got some e-mails to write. Hope the shuttle mission is doing ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home