Friday, July 08, 2005

Turn your head now, baby just spit me out

Collective Soul is absoulte comfort food for my ears. I didn't realize it until I bought their greatest hits album and heard the first stereo-panned riff of "Heavy" in my car...a flood of memories and emotion washes over me and I just love this music. Of course the title of this post comes from "December", nearly the last song on the disc. In between are such sing-alongable grooves as "Shine", "Gel", and "The World I Know". And let's not forget "Why, Pt.2 " plus some songs I've never heard of before, but that's always the way when you jump from radio to greatest hits without ever buying an album. My fault.

Why doesn't country music ever have a complicated bassline? As a bassist I have tailored my musical tastes towards the rockin' heavy bottom end, and country music has never had that for me...which is too bad because it's really the only thing I have against the genre, but it keeps my focus so heavily elsewhere that I have missed a lot of good songs, I think. So someone please tell country artists to hire talented bassists and learn to use them!

FUDDRUCKERS. 'nuff said
i'm out.

1 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Did I ever tell you that I would like to marry you? ;) Just teasing, but I did wanna thank you for the comment you posted on my blog. You really do help me re-focus quite often! I do appreciate it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home