Thursday, August 04, 2005

Where has my mind gone?

I was sitting in my recliner earlier today, bemoaning the lack of internet in my life due to a mysterious "outage" on the part of Comcast, and I came up with a great topic for today's blog. Then I fell asleep and now I don't remember what it was.

Been reading an interesting book that likely won't interest many other people - I, Jedi by Michael A. Stackpole. It's a first-person account from the perspective of one of the characters he created for another series of Star Wars novels chronicling the exploits of Rogue Squadron - the X-Wing pilots that Luke Skywalker flew with and later commanded in Star Wars Episodes 4 and 5. The books he wrote detailed the missions flown by this crack group of fighter pilots as the "Rebellion" seeks to rebuild itself into the "New Republic" in the years after the Emperor's fall. Actually there have been dozens of books written about this "time period" in the alternate universe that Lucas created, by a variety of authors, all carefully synched with one another and completely consistent. Luke restarts the Jedi Academy and searches out new trainees. Han and Leia get married and Leia becomes the new Chancellor of the Republic...but I'm losing you. Who else in my audience is a Star Wars nerd? Meh.

1 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*delicate cough* I am.

Actually I haven't read I, Jedi, cause I was never terribly interested by the Rogue Squadron series. I stopped reading the books shortly before I started at Grove City. But I read every single one that came out before then.

..yeah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home