Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Hoagies and Grinders

Terry Pratchett is my new author del fascinate

The Godfather Trilogy has been in and out of my DVD player

Musical soundtrack supplied by 98.9 Liberty - Anything popular from the last 40 years on shuffle, no DJs, no commercials. Best 3-song combo: Charlie Daniel's Band/Devil Went Down to Georgia followed by Green Day/When I Come Around followed by Kool and the Gang/Jungle Boogie.

I made a DVD the other day - using footage of one my classes. They designed and built miniature cars, I put eggs inside them and rolled them into a wall. We used the footage to analyze the speed of the cars, and the time elapsed during the crash - to measure the effectiveness of their safety features. Then I used this awesome program to put it all together into a totally professional looking DVD. If only everyone knew how simple it was.

I have to go and buy a bunch more supplies for them now - they are designing coin sorters. These kids are geniuses.

Speaking of which, I was looking at a list of Nobel Prize winners in Physics, and Stephen Hawking and William Schroedinger were quite absent. I was puzzled.

The story below lacks completion. This is not my fault.

4 Comments:

At 3:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terry Pratchett is wicked awesome, for sure.

I know how to sing Whiskey in the Jar now. I sing it every week.

Your students sound totally brilliant. You must be thrilled.

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger FizxWestcott said...

whiskey in the jar is the bestest. i would pay to hear you sing it.

what have you done with your hair recently?

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger LauraDS6 said...

Sounds like a great lesson created by a great teacher. Year two is off to a smashing start from what I gather (no pun intended).

:)

 
At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can get pretty cheap airfare out to Spokane these days and then not only could you hear me sing Whiskey in the Jar, you could get a free drink to go with it.

Recently it's very normal. Straight. Shoulder length. Mom has the camera in NY right now but if you really want I'll take some pics when she comes home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home