Friday, December 02, 2005

Fiery fandango!

More Jacob Fisher story soon (I've got an unfinished chapter saved as a draft, I promise!) but first

YOUR WEEKEND:

Aeon Flux: If I see a movie this weekend it will be this one, but that's because I'm a comic book movie junky. Even before I knew the title of the movie I knew I was going to love it, and then when I heard the title I realized it was a comic book movie (even though I know nothing of the comic book, I've heard of it) and that just seals the deal. It's almost a compulsion. But it does look like it will bring some really REALLY unique action to the screen. One tick against it for me is that Charlize Theron does not adapt well to the action heroine role like, say, Uma Thurman or Keira Knightley who convince you that they are total butt kicking women because they ARE. Charlize, on the other hand, seriously hurt her neck doing a complicated stunt and now has a "no-stunts" clause in her contracts. Wuss.

The Kid & I: I'm not sure how you do this movie un-offensively, but I think they pulled it off. This millionaire has a son with cerebral palsy who wants to star in a big action movie so the millionaire hires someone to write and star in it, who then has to put up with the challenges of making a movie starring someone with cerebral palsy. And then he learns some really great heartwarming lessons along the way while making all kinds of jokes. So it's not going to be offensive, and it is a bit original, but mostly it's the same kind of emotional play we've been getting...not bad, but not new as far as what it does to our emotions.

That's all that's good this weekend, but I forgot the last couple of weeks to recommend to you - PLEASE go see Harry Potter unless you have read and hated all the books. And Pride and Prejudice. And Walk the Line. Keira Knightley rocks the house in a totally non-action way for the first time, and it's gonna be SO Good. And Walk the Line is about Johnny Cash, which means he will just be totally awesome the whole entire movie and thus the whole movie will be awesome.

1 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really am going to comment on your story soon. Life went nuts all of a sudden.

In the meantime.. how many bands can you identify in this picture? Email me!

http://www.chinternet.co.uk/75bands.jpg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home