Monday, January 02, 2006

I'm NOT going to say it

I do my best on this blog to avoid cliches. I try not to say "I'm sorry I haven't written in so long, but..." So you can bet that you're not going to hear the expected traditional holiday greeting out of me. Let's recap, in true Christmas spirit, the gifts that I got this year!

1) Double-thick stocking cap, assorted candy, and "Essential Bass Technique" book - in stocking
2) 1 CD of my brother's performances par excellence this year at school - from my brother
3) Two shirts - Napoleon Dynamite tee and long-sleeved polo - from my Sister's family
4) 4-pack of Starbucks Frappucinos, minus one bottle, plus one 12 oz. bottle of KahlĂșa - from my mom's sister's family
5) Pair of Thinsulate-lined black leather gloves, XL - from my mom's parents
6) Soft foam football, small, half purple, half yellow - from my other brother
7) Napoleon Dynamite "dance moves" learning set - from my parents
8) "Slam Dunk Set" new basketball pole - from my parents
9) Radio Alarm Clock with Nature Sounds and AutoSet - from my dad's mother
10) CD album "Fashion Nugget" by Cake - from my mom's brother's family
11) CD/DVD "Greatest Hits, Greatest Videos" by Red Hot Chili Peppers - from my mom's brother's family
12) Books "Blue Like Jazz" by Donald Miller and "The Private Lives of Albert Einstein" by Roger Highfield and Paul Carter - from my girlfriend
12) a) miles of smiles and buckets of hugs - from my girlfriend and her family!

Items in red were on my list. I love those of my family who weren't tied down by my list and thought of something creative to get me. Things I never would've thought of for myself, but was absolutely ecstatic to receive. Some of my best presents ever have fallen into this category. This year, the KahlĂșa and the Napoleon Dynamite shirt are there. Also the basketball pole - we have needed one desperately for years and now we have a much cooler one than we ever had before.

Love you everyone and thanks for a great Christmas! Next post I will discuss Christmas part 2 - the gifts that I was pleased to GIVE this year!

Now I have to go get ready for a party so I can tell everyone Happy....happy that thing I'm not going to say on my blog.

Goodnight everyone!

2 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Blogger LauraDS6 said...

You will love "Blue Like Jazz." Your girlfriend and I obviously think alike as it was a gift to my boyfriend this Christmas also! I read it first, bought a copy to keep in my library, and am halfway through with Miller's "Searching for God Knows What" at the moment. Enjoy and let me know what you think. Glad all is well!

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger FizxWestcott said...

Yes Laura, I'm nearly done with "Searching..." myself, so I'm working backwards I guess. But I am learning a lot about the importance of relationship vs. religion. Very necessary for me, as Donna could tell you.

Donna - Wapql New year!~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home