Sunday, January 08, 2006

Physicists always lose snowball fights

The world gets a kick out of how useless engineers and physicists and other smart people are in every-day situations while totally forgetting how many times more worthless they would all be in crucial situations. Would you like a car? A mechanic cannot build one. Would you like a skyscraper? A construction worker cannot design one that would be safe or sturdy. Would you like a computer? You're gonna have to ask a geek. I'm so sick and tired of people talking about "yeah he's smart but he lacks common sense" as if that totally negates the value of a man's intelligence.

None of the above keeps me from laughing at myself through the means of the comic you will find here. And yes all the physics is correct, I checked it.

Additionally, I will not resist telling you that yesterday was the 1 month anniversary of "the start of a beautiful relationship." 744 hours if you want to be precise. I called her and asked her again if she wanted to be my girlfriend. She said yes again. Life is good.

And for all you hecklers out there, I say this: "He scoffs at scars that never felt a wound"

That's Shakespeare. You don't argue with Shakespeare.

5 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are just about the only person I know who I could reasonably anticipate -would- check the physics.

Nerd.

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Suz said...

*retch gag puke* that so gross. So gross. 744 hours? Excuse me. I will now drown all memory of that in a bottle of Rebel Yell.

Just kidding.

But for real, man. Write about something else. Maybe like the role of yzqeujt in the current WORLD! in CRISIS!

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger FizxWestcott said...

you know, do I go over and wretch at you when you write about DH? No. And I wouldn't have done if you had written while you were dating, too.

And I DID write about something else. You are ignoring the rest of the post to fixate on the part about my girlfriend.

I don't blame you one imiiky

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Suz said...

There is no excuse, not even yjxjer, for spelling 'retch' as 'wretch'. "That saved a wretch like me" PLEASE.

;-)

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger FizxWestcott said...

congratulations, you've tripped over my double meaning.

wretch.

tell jamie I said hi and axrmq!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home