Monday, January 23, 2006

Second time's the charm

For a synopsis of my weekend, check out my girlfriend's blog post here.

It pretty much covers everything I did, because we weren't apart for very long at all unless we were sleeping, changing clothes, or going to the bathroom.

For my part, I thoroughly enjoyed all the driving around we did in between activities, because I got to show off my hometown and I got to spend all kinds of time cuddling in the car. But Cake is right when they sing "Stickshifts and safety belts, bucket seats have all got to go - when I'm driving in my car, they make my baby seem so far - I need you here with me, not way over in a bucket seat!"

I also thoroughly enjoyed the absolutely magical night that we had at Pasta Luna - I had never done the full-on fine-dining night on the town before, so some things were new to me, but I really appreciated the extra time between courses, the serving of a bottle of fine wine, and the incredible desserts. The wait staff was clearly in tune with the fact that we were on a romantic evening and treated us in keeping with traditional practice for that sort of an occasion. The only thing missing was an old italian man playing violin.

I also didn't at all mind getting my butt kicked at ski-ball and SceneIT? even though I'm the movie trivia master. But I tell you what there couldn't have been a more charming and pleasing companion for my weekend.

I need to start having her down more often because the things we do on dates are showing me a new side of Richmond: the night life! I've never been that much of a clubbing or partying kind of guy but I thoroughly loved taking her out to dinner and to Bogart's Back Room that night. It was way cooler than a movie (and cheaper, as a matter of fact! I mean the Back Room was). So I learned about a new side of my town through having her involved in the evening, and I want to explore all the other options. This is such a great city.

Don't believe me? www.richmond.com

Does your city even have a website like that? I don't think so. Richmond > all.

Except girlfriend. Girlfriend > Richmond > everything

PITTSBURGH STEELERS SUPERBOWL XL BABY.

5 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger F.Cali said...

HO HO YEAH YEAH RA RA STILLERS!!!!! I watched the whole game with wings and Corona and lime! YEAH baby. Also--you're lame.

See you later, rjwmiow.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger F.Cali said...

Pasta Luna sounds cool. I'm glad to here that Donna beat you at games. She sounds very good for you and your unmitigated sense of ppsbyotv.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger FizxWestcott said...

please tell me that rjwmiow was your word verification word in some kind of freak coincidence. otherwise my artsy-picture girlfriend is gonna have to rumble with your pinup-picture butt for cat-calling at me.

and she will kick your butt like she kicked mine. so snweh.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger F.Cali said...

wvfmyk do I care?? ;-)

 
At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After being at college I found more to love about Richmond. Not that up north was bad at all, because it wasn't. But there's something about leaving the city that made me appreciate more about it. Maybe growing up and being able to come back here and go and do things since I was living where stuff was and not out in the middle of nowhere.

And then the fire and crap made me realize that Richmond city proper is a nice place to visit but I sure as heck don't want to live there.

-sm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home